Students study 20 lessons (15 hours) of General English lessons, 8 lessons (6 hours) of IELTS preparation lessons and 4 lessons (3 hours) of additional exam practice each week.
The course is based around daily timed testing practice with analysis, feedback and regular individualised feedback.
A wide range of areas are covered in the course, focussing on the four parts of the exam: speaking, reading, writing and listening. In addition to exam-specific training, the course also helps students to develop their broader communication and English language skills.
Students will also be given training in exam techniques and strategies, such as:
- working under exam conditions
- understanding the requirements of each section of the exam
- understanding what the examiner is looking for
- planning and reviewing your answers
- preparing mentally for exam day
- time management
- practice of actually completing four parts of the exam under simulated exam conditions (mock exams)