Radley College, one of Britain's leading independent schools, was founded in 1847. It is situated in Radley village, 8km south of Oxford, 3km north of Abingdon and just over an hour by road or rail from London. The nearest airport is London Heathrow.
The campus, set in 325 hectares of parkland, is welcoming and completely self-contained. The facilities for study and recreation are outstanding. Sporting facilities include football, rugby and cricket pitches, athletics track, tennis courts (hard and astroturf), a Real Tennis court, squash and fives courts, indoor 25m 6-lane swimming/diving pool and sports hall. There is also an impressive drama theatre and large IT suites. All meals are taken in the historic oak-panelled dining hall.
We offer an intensive, truly multinational programme and a chance to meet English children.
- Teens and Juniors are taught separately
- Maximum class size: 12* international students
- Stimulating classes for higher levels encourage independent thinking, opinion forming and develop public speaking skills
- 22.5 hours' tuition per week including English Skills, English Workshops and end of week presentations.
- Exciting range of English Workshops e.g. British Humour, Castle Constructors, Digital Photography, Maths Warriors, Game Design, Music Video and more!
- For more information see How we teach English
- The Trinity Exam in Spoken English is offered on 23, 30 July and 6, 13 Aug. It is optional, but highly recommended
*In exceptional cases, in order to place students at their correct level, maximum class size may be exceeded.
ACTIVITY PROGRAMME (Teens + Juniors)
- Full and varied afternoon and evening programme
- Some joint Junior and Teen activities so that brothers/sisters and friends can meet
- 2 excursions per week e.g. London (Thames river cruise, West End musical), Bristol (Science Centre or SS Great Britain), Birmingham (Sea Life, Science Centre), Oxford (guided tour, punting), Thorpe Park, Warner Bros Studios (Harry Potter), Warwick Castle
- Special Sports Options - Fencing and Tennis (at extra cost)
- Lots of opportunities to experience British culture and speak English with our English Student Hosts!
ACCOMMODATION AND SUPERVISION
- Teens and Juniors are accommodated separately
- JUNIORS - Staff/student ratio 1:4 (often 1:3) - dedicated staff offer high supervision levels both in residences and on excursions
- TEENS: Staff/student ratio 1:4 - students have more freedom whilst on campus
- Radley has both modern and traditional boarding houses: single study bedrooms with washbasins and some cubicles in partitioned dormitories, also with washbasins
- Common rooms with e.g. TV, DVD, pool, table tennis
- Close supervision by our resident staff
- Full board
- Find out more about Welfare and Accommodation
- WiFi available (at specific times)